No matter how ninja I am or you are at planning and preparing for Christmas, there will be times when there is too much to do, too many places to be, too many people needing you. Unless you have the powers of Elastigirl, your flexibility will be tried.
Only you know what your spirit needs to renew it. But consider putting a few of those on the calendar RIGHT NOW.
- Schedule a December haircut or manicure or both - and tack on at least an hour to go have a cup of coffee or tea before or after it.
- Make a date with a good friend. Put it on the calendar now.
- Do you have a friend that you love to pray with? Calendar... now.
- Make a date or two or four with your husband. They don't have to be expensive, but purpose to NOT talk about engagements in the month or things that need to be picked up.
- Buy a candle. Put it on your calendar (and your husbands) to sit in a quiet place to read or write with your candle.
- Buy a book or magazine. Plan an evening (maybe one a week) of reading with a nice glass of wine in bed.
- Plan a bath.
- Color and draw with your kids.
- Exercise. Do yoga.
- Eat fruit.
- Take a craft class.