This was my personal mission statement that I wrote in 2003:
- I live as an individual created and called by God. As I press into His love, I am able to love myself, and my neighbors.
- I take time for what’s important to me. I am wise with my time and talents. I don’t make fun of the dreams that I have. I enjoy life.
- I have high expectations and generous amount of grace and forgiveness.
- I have healthy habits.
- Marc is my life companion and my best friend. I am honest with him. I trust him. I encourage and love and serve him. I am my beloved’s and he is mine.
- I nurture my childrens growth in the LORD and the discovery of their unique purpose in our family and in this life.
- I shepherd a home that is a haven of renewal, blessing, safety, and happiness for my family. We live and grow and play and learn together. I am generous with my hospitality to others.
Reading through it quickly, I feel like 'writing' and 'community' are missing. A previous version included 'I laugh often' - I'd like to restore that, maybe. I've learned to really value being generous, to hold onto things lightly and want to continue learning that.
I took three quick tests tonight. I googled 'what color am I' and took three of the tests that came up on the first page. Each one had different questions and each one said I am purple. Isn't that interesting? I am so tired of picking colors for our home renovation, maybe I'll just pick purple for all the rooms that are left! : )
Kids are back to school tomorrow. After four days with kids home, I am ready for four days of kids in school.