Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NZ Adventure - Day 16

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

I used to be great at being anxious about everything. When we were fairly newly-wed, I would be worried if Marc was 20 minutes late from work - imagining all the terrible things that could happen on 128. By the time he got home I would be so wound up that our evening together would be shot.

Tonight, 15 years into the game, I am able to see that I really am growing. Sometimes you really need to step back and get a long view for these things. Not only am I waiting for my beloved and my sweet daughter to get home from a 16 day adventure, I have also been watching the clock for the last 20 hours or so, imagining each place that they might be on the trip.

I can honestly no anxiety has marked this trip. At times, it asked if it could. Passing thoughts about volcanos and earthquakes wanted to dwell with me. Even Anna's homesickness didn't 'stick' though it asked. I am so thankful for this grace.

In the interest of full-disclosure, I should include that I did have my fair share of anxiety driving down Route 1. So I guess that's the next I'll work on my prayer life - driving Rt. 1 in MA.

No comments: