Wednesday, November 02, 2011

So much just happened....

I was writing a blog post, chatting on FB with a friend who has been on my mind for over a week - and Caleb came running out of his room.

"Guys! Come here! Quick!"

He ran to our patio door, opened it, and in came the cat who has been missing since Saturday afternoon.

I had just written to my friend on chat "I'm not sure at what point I tell Anna to change her prayers from 'bring Cleo home' to 'God please comfort me.'" Seriously. I'm sure FB must keep track of these things, if you want to check.

Seriously, I hadn't hit the period to that sentence when Caleb came out of his room.

As if that all isn't crazy enough, the phone rang and it was Marc - who we haven't talked to since Sunday night (something about his being in Mexico).

All of this happened at the same time.

And I am so overwhelmed by God's goodness and caring especially to my kids. Kids worried about the cat. Kids missing their Dad. Me worried about the cat and missing my husband.

And All at Once His love broke into my very cozy living room and gave me More than I could have hoped for, More even than I thought I needed.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, EPH3:20. 


3 comments:

naswanson said...

Beautiful, Em. Just beautiful. God always knows what we need.

naswanson said...

Beautiful, Em, just beautiful. God always knows what His children need.

Meg said...

I love that you're feeling God's goodness.