Thursday, May 18, 2006

A technology fast... or was it a Sabbath

I don't know what compelled me to do it. But yesterday morning I found myself thinking about how Marc will change his voicemail at work or church when he is going to be unavailable for a chunk of time. Then I wondered about doing it myself. So I did it. I turned my phone to "Silent" and changed my voicemail recording to say that I was away from my phone from yesterday morning until this afternoon. Also, as part of the discipline, I did not turn on my computer until just a few minutes ago.

I think I strongly recommend this discipline for everyone. The kids and I had a lovely day with just us...

1 comment:

Rich said...

That's too bad, cause I gave away $5000.00 to the first e-mail respondent yesterday.
That coulda been you....


:-p
j/k