Monday, July 23, 2012

Swimming Hole

 This picture was taken a week ago at a covered bridge in Newry, Maine, at the base of Sunday River ski resort in the Western Mountains of Maine.

When I was my middle daughters age, we moved to Bethel, a short drive from this spot, until I was my son's age, when we moved again.

This spot is where my Dad would take us swimming. The water is clear and cold (straight out of the mountain). I have lots of fond memories of it.

We were driving home from Western NH and this was only 8 miles off our planned route and it was the middle of the day and we needed a break. I was so thrilled that the kids loved it as much as I did.

I think that my kids must be at the ages where I have the most memories. I remember things about 7, 10, and 12 - especially 10 and 12. So for the kids, they get to hear a lot more 'When I was your age' and 'I remember when' stories then I think I have ever told before.

No comments: