Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kitty Litter meditations

This morning, I was cleaning the kitty litter. A thought crossed my mind "I wonder if this is how it is for God". Since I don't normally think about God while I clean the kitty litter, I let myself stay there for a few minutes, appreciating that not only did God send His Son to die for my past sins, but also my current and future ones.

The thought became a little amusing as the cat came in to evaluate how I was doing at the cleaning, and to even try to save some of her little 'treasures'. Oh, how much like me. I know what I want to do and don't, and what I don't want to do, I do. And rather than just saying 'thanks for cleaning up the mess', I actually try to clean some of it up for myself.

As I finished up the Saturday chore, and tidied the floor, I thought of another reason why God might invite me to think about Him while doing this dirty little chore:














Oh, yes, the Glory and Comfort of His Companionship. Bless the Lord oh my soul, bless the Lord.

No comments: