Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Order of the Phoenix

It is 2:34am and Marc and I are just getting home from the midnight showing of Order of the Phoenix.

Marc loves to go to movies. This morning he woke up and gleefully asked if I was up for the adventure. After considering my age, and my three children, I still agreed to go.

What a fun experience. First of all the time with my husband... a date! Second of all, I am always sociologically interested in the crowds at movies... especially first viewings. And third, I really like the movie.

The first 20-30 minutes were slow to me. It was a broad stage to set from the book. But what I loved most about it was the spirit of Harry Potter was really well-represented. I even found myself in tears a couple of times.

A lot of the main theme was about how evil (Voldemort) wants to isolate, and how it truly requires community to live in this battle.

And now, I think it would be prudent for me to go to bed.