Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Full Week

So this week has been one of those, I think I'm an adult now weeks.

Monday was a great day. Homeschooling started off with a great day, for which I am thankful. I also participated in my weekly Monday ritual of laundry washing - if I can conquer the weekends laundry I can conquer this week. There has to be a shorter name for that ritual. Also on Monday I ceased my hemming and hawing about when do I have time to get on the treadmill, and just got on the treadmill. That felt pretty great. Later in the day, I spent an hour shovelling and an hour snowblowing. I also made chili and biscuits to celebrate the days snowfall, made gingerbread cookies, played in the snow with the kids, had hot cocoa with the kids, and read a book. So with all that work done on Monday, the rest of the week has felt simple.

On Tuesday I got a phonecall that the counselor I have been waiting to meet with had an opening, would I like to come in. After some mini-scrambling, I arranged child-care (thank you God for my in-laws), and planned to go to the appt. It was a good appt. I've never been in counseling before, so I don't really know what to expect, but I'll figure it out. I should also mention that I'm going into my second month of being on Lexapro, which has made a HUGE differerence, so it is a bit hard to remember what I'm in counseling for.
On Tuesday night our women's kinship began. We are studying Captivating. I am excited about the Tuesday night group. I am also excited because for many reasons I felt prompted to open the group to an online blog community. I think I'm really onto something and am really excited about that. Did I mention that I was excited?

On Wednesday the kids and I went to the library. My goal this year is to go one a week, and I'm in the midst of finding the time that works well for us. More and more I fall in love with my time at the library. Exciting book that I got yesterday was an Ed Emberly book on how to draw. I figured that especially Caleb needed a 'unit' on drawing to round him out. When we got home and I asked him to do the work he hemmed and hawed (I don't know where he gets that from). He finally got to work and was so delighted with himself.

On Wednesday night, I went to my first Waterville Public Library board meeting. What a nifty group of people. And what a wonderful time to come on board. We're looking at a capital campaign to make some outstanding improvements to the library.I will be serving on the communications committee for the campaign (YES!)

After the meeting my friend Sarah took me to a local pub (bar) and we each had a beer and some fun conversation. Thank you God for Sarah.

Today my friend Izzie came over to use the internet. Neither she nor I felt like doing what we should, so we watched a Veggie Tales (Snoodle's Tale - my favorite) and drank tea from my new teapot. When we realized that it was lunch time I made some macaroni and cheese for the kids and us. Then I rushed Caleb to Cub Scouts.

Our friend Paul got home from TN on Tuesday night and is staying with us for a while. It is so good to be able to live out our commitment to community in this way.
This weekend we have a VCW leaders meeting in the am, and DirecTV hook up in the afternoon. Saturday night, I am going to watch tv. *sigh*

1 comment:

Rich said...

Snoodleberry Jam.. yummmmm