Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cleaning out the freezer

I always have the best of intentions when I make big meals. I'm quite good about freezing when there is enough. Trouble is, I have a hard time remembering to thaw and use those good intentions.

My friend Elisa (at The Laundry Alternative) said to me over our New Year's vacation that I need to mark on my calendar when I am going to use them, the night that I put them in the freezer. What a great idea!

So in preparation for this new approach to freezing meals, this week is clean out the freezer week.

Last night we had some potato soup. That was exciting, because it wasn't labeled and we didn't know what it was. And it was really yummy.

Tonight we are going to have chicken/apple curry... the house smells great... and my work was just pushing some buttons on the microwave.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hello my friend! So glad the idea is blessing you. Now I just need to take my own advice! Today I defrosted what I thought was chicken...until all the freezer funk melted off to reveal some sort of red meat. What a hoot!

love ya!!!