Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bee's

I read this yesterday in 'The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. Marc brought it home for me from his trip to SC. I finished the novel this morning, and think I will read it again next weekend.

I hadn't been out to the hives before, so to start off she gave me a lesson
in what she called "bee yard etiquette." She reminded me that the world was
really one big bee yard, and the same rules worked fine in both places:
Don't be afraid, as no life-loving bee wants to sting you. Still, don't be
an idiot; wear long sleeves and long pants. Don't swat. Don't even think
about swatting. If you feel angry, whistle. Anger agitates, while whistling
melts a bee's temper. Act like you know what you're doing, even if you
don't. Above all, send the bees love. Every little thing wants to be loved.

No comments: