Monday, September 29, 2008

Fryeburg Fair

Fryeburg Fair 2008


Here are some photos from our today at the Fryeburg Fair.

I am such a proud mommy tonight. We left early, had a long trip to the fair, did lots of walking around in big crowds and lots of stimulation, stayed for a long time, and took the long trip home. They, no we, did a great job. I am content mommy.

Looking back on the day the kids each had their favorite parts. For me, my favorite parts were watching them take care of each other and discover new things. Caleb knew where each of us was at all times, helped Sofia on the carousel, and rode with Anna on the ferris wheel. Anna silently and seriously took it all in and then wholeheartedly giggled and laughed and enjoyed herself and was so kind to her sister and brother. Sofia was ready to take it all in, and when she wasn't tall enough for a ride, she'd curse it quickly (and violently) and get over it quickly to zealously cheer for her bother and sister. She also had several meaningful conversations with strangers that she made friends.

I'm also full of curiosity and imaginings about the barkers and ride workers and the culture that must exist under the surface. But I guess that's a topic for another blog since my tired body is extending into my brain and fingers.

It was a great day.

No comments: