Thursday, May 24, 2007

Caleb's Degrees of Sin

One of the common Christian misconceptions is that some sin is worse than others... but Paul is pretty clear as he lumps adultery and drunkenness with gossip that sin is sin.

This morning the kids came into our room. Caleb was all excited about a lego creation and was explaining all the details. Anna, wanting comparable air time, jumped in when he took a breath. Caleb looked at her, and said "Anna, stop it. I am trying to tell them about my creation. Can you please wait?" She looked disappointed, but did wait. He finished the description, then said to Anna, "What did you want to say?"

She finished what she had started, happily even.

I was quick on the draw. I told them how proud I was that each of them had handled that.... that Anna didn't fall apart, and Caleb didn't use physical force to communicate. In trying to bless them quickly before I lost their attention, I said "punch" instead of "physical force" with Caleb.

Caleb looked at me. "Mom, I don't punch. I pinch, bonk, and slap, but don't ever punch."

Marc and I cracked up. "I'm not a puncher mom. I'm not like THEM! I only pinch, bonk, and slap."

And this is where it all begins.

No comments: