Friday, September 01, 2006

Another conversation with Anna...

Anna is dancing around the kitchen after dinner. Marc and I are looking at her adoringly.

"Anna," I say, "You take my breath away."

"Moooom, I don't know how to do that."

"No, Anna, I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm telling you that just by being you, you take my breath away."

"Mooom" (Anna's voice is raising concern now) "but I don't know how to."

"Ann, I'm just saying I think your pretty and kind and lovely and I can't believe that I get to have you in my life. And sometimes when I look at you my heart gets so full it makes me want to cry happy tears, and my breath goes like this (I make an air sucking sort of noise)."

Anna looks at me incredulous that I still don't understand. "But Mom, I told you, I don't know how to take your breath away."

It sort of felt like that scene in Bug's Life... You know the "it's a rock" scene with Little Dot.

No comments: