Monday, August 21, 2006

Closure


The kitchen has been nearly finished for nearly two months. It has taken me that long to get the photos together and up on the web. For a look at the work that I did on our kitchen this past June, follow this link. http://www.thepitmans.com/kitchen/index.htm

A recap of the kitchen history: this past winter/spring both the oven and stovetop (separate originally) began to act 'tempermental' (is only the broiler working and a burner arcing considered tempermental or broken?). So, we had some money and borrowed the rest (thank you LLBean credit card .... at least I'll get a pair of shoes out of it). Emily did the majority of the work, only using Marc when his brawn was necessary, and hiring an electrician for the electric work (thank you Jason Marks! what a great guy!). We were able to use the existing cabinets, just changing where they were in the kitchen to fit the new formation.

Some people wonder if they could ever do something. Well, remodelling the kitchen was one of those for me. Now that I know I can do it, I don't think I'll ever put myself in the way of doing it again.

Enjoy the photos.

No comments: