Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Okay... it's been 21 days since I last blogged

Today we enjoyed our third Tuesday of school. Yes, this is our third week of homeschool - with Caleb in the third grade and Anna in kindegarten. So that is why I have not been the most frequent blogger these days.

Again we are happily using Sonlight Curriculum. It is a good solid dose of literature, good history, and Bible education. We have used it since Caleb was doing PreK work so this is our fourth year.

Everything seems to be going well so far. I'm using a new math program with Caleb, and I am seeing improvement in basic skills and understanding every day. Anna is hungry to learn, and very smart. Sofia is determined to stay busy with the other two and has her own binder which she busily fills with her markers (determined to NOT use crayons).

I am particularly thrilled with three extras that we've been able to add this year: piano lessons for Caleb and Anna; drawing lessons; and Spanish lessons. I was concerned about adding these three because they are extra, because I am more in an upfront teaching position, and because I am learning beside the kids. I have minimal experience in all three places. As it has worked out, each day these are the highlight for all of us! I can call out to the kids 'time to come do Spanish (drawing, piano)' and there are cheers of joy!

No comments: